Christmas Holidays away for all the family
There is no need to leave your four legged friend behind this festive season. Why not make them some Christmas Dog Treats during your stay with us.
Did you know that Pembrokeshire NetLet has dog-friendly properties available this Christmas? Over 60% of our stays are dog friendly and allow two small dogs or one big.
Why not check out some of our dog friendly holiday homes and book yourself a quiet winter break before or during Christmas.
Homemade Christmas Dog Treats and Sweet Potato
- 2 Cups of fresh sweet potato puree
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of oats
- 3 Cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp of all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Peel and cube 2 medium sweet potatoes and bring them to the boil in a pot of water.
- Reduce to low and simmer for 15-20 mins or until soft. Drain cooked potatoes and puree using blender or food processor.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, oats and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the egg, sweet potato and peanut butter until combined. Stir in wet ingredients until dry.
- Pour onto a floured surface and roll dough out until it is 1/2-3/8 thick. Cut out using Christmas cookie cutter. The dough will be a little sticky but, dust your hands and the rolling pin with a little flour to help.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until golden brown
- Place on a drying rack and wait until they cool. They will harden as they cool down.
A neat little idea. Batch them up and gift them to your dogs friends this Christmas or store in a air tight container for when you need them.
We bought our cookie cutters online from Amazon